Sunday, November 6, 2011

New and charming







Last night, my brother, my niece, Sara and her friend Kristen were spending the night and we were joined by Bielsa's new filly, Pippa. Photo'd here at 8 hours old, she is so gorgeous, calm and outgoing, we all were immediately enchanted. I let the girls choose her name and they chose Pippa, as in sister of Princess Kate. Just as the human Pippa took everyone's breath away when she appeared at the Royal wedding, we believe equine Pippa will also cause people to gasp and draw alot of interest.



Grey and the image of Wanapum, only with a much bigger and prettier eye than her sire has, Pippa has played with the girls, let newish dog, Myrtle, figure out the first foal born since her arrival, and laid in my lap forever in the stall. Bielsa is, as always, a calm and wonderful mother.



If there is something more fun than having foals, I would like to know what it is!



I am all wound up as my new black colt is in a trailer right now en route from Washington state to Denton. I thought nothing would be more exciting than his arrival, but now will be going back and forth between his stall and Pippa's and getting not much else done for the indefinite future.


I hope Habana will give me a few days before she has her Wanapum foal!

No comments:

Post a Comment